-->

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Sephora 500-point Perk (Honey by Marc Jacobs) and Birthday Gift!

As my birthday is approaching I decided to go to Sephora to pick up my free birthday gift. While I was at the checkout counter I noticed some of the 500-point perks on display and decided to redeem my points for one of the kits.

I chose the Honey by Marc Jacobs perk.

Here are the things that the kit came with:
  • Honey Marc Jacobs mini roller ball
  • Honey Marc Jacobs Body lotion (travel size)
  • Marc Jacobs coin purse (so cute!)





The thing that caught my attention the most was the coin purse. I think it's so cute, and I will definitely be using it for my pocket change. As for the main attractions, the fragrance and lotion smell really fresh. The roller ball and lotion is perfect to throw in your purse and touch up when you feel the need.

Here is how the fragrance is described on the Marc Jacobs website:


The fragrance energizes with the freshness of green pear brightened with a splash of fruity punch and juicy mandarin. At the heart of the fragrance is orange blossom, a note of sparkling femininity that mingles with nectars of honeysuckle and peach. Honey, vanilla and smooth woods dry down to a warm, golden base.

Top Note – Pear, Juicy Mandarin
Mid Note – Orange Blossom, Peach Nectar, Apricot, Honeysuckle
Base Note – Honey, Golden Vanilla, Smooth Woods


The birthday gift (that I originally went to pick up) came with two sample size Benefit products.

The first product is the infamous Benefit They're Real mascara. I have never tried this mascara before so I'm excited to see what the hype is about. 


The second product is the Benefit Watt's Up stick highlighter. The highlight is a sheer champagne colour which is perfect to accentuate any areas you want to add that extra glow.I swatched the colour on my hand and the product glided on smoothly. Even though the packaging may look small, you actually get a good amount of product in the stick. Generally speaking, highlighting products last quite a while anyways because you do not need much. So, I don't foresee using this up too quickly either :)


Over the years Sephora has really stepped up its game with its free birthday gifts for Beauty Insiders. This year is no different. I hope the company continues to collaborate with other brands for its birthday gifts in the upcoming years. It gives us beauty fanatics a chance to sample more products. 

What product mentioned in this post intrigues you the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment