-->

Monday, June 10, 2013

Milani Color Statement Lipsticks

After hearing so much hype about the Milani Color Statement Lipsticks I knew I had to give them a try for myself. The only thing was, I did not know if they were available in Canada.

I knew that Milani cosmetics were sold at Loblaws and Real Canadian Superstores, but was skeptical about whether these new lipsticks would be sold in those places. I remembered the last time I looked at the Milani displays (which was a LONG time ago), I left diappointed because they did not contain the products that I wanted :( .

However, last week when I went to the Superstore I left quite happy as I had found the lipsticks I was looking for! 

Milani color statement lipstick

The Milani display was stocked with the whole collection of the Color Statement lipsticks. The two that I immediately gravitated towards were Flamingo Pose and Nude Creme. 

Milani color statement lipstick
Over the past few weeks I have watched many reviews on YouTube for these lipsticks. These two specific colours were two of my favourite colours.

Flamingo Pose: I love the vibrancy of Flamingo Pose. This coral/red colour is perfect for the spring and summer seasons. I know I will be wearing it quite a lot, especially during the summer when I like to do minimal eye makeup. A bold pop of colour on the lips will make anybody look bright and summery! This shade has a sheen, but no shimmer.

Nude Creme: When it comes to nude lipsticks, I usually have a hard time finding a shade that suits my skin tone. One of the first nude lipsticks I ever purchased was Myth from MAC. When I apply Myth it literally looks like I have smeared concealer on my lips. Therefore, I only wear it if I mix it with another lipstick to tone it down. On the other hand, Nude Creme has become the definition of the perfect nude lipstick for my skin tone. This lipstick is a nude pink with a peach undertone, making it wearable. This lipstick has definitely become my everyday lipstick colour. This colour also has no shimmer. 

Milani color statement lipstick 

Milani color statement lipstick
Top: Flamingo Pose Bottom: Nude Creme
Formula: (5/5) These lipsticks have easily become my favourite ones in my collection. They are soo creamy and very pigmented. What I also love about them is how moisturizing they are! I have found that Flamingo Pose leaves a bit of stain once it wears off. So, I would assume the bright colours will tend to do the same, which is nice.

Scent: (4/5) As soon as you open the tube you will be surrounded by the aroma of watermelon jolly ranchers! Yum! Personally, I love the scent, but if you are sensitive to scents then this may be a deal breaker for you :( 

Milani color statement lipstick

 Packaging: (5/5) Looking at the packaging above, you may think you are looking at a high-end lipstick. The gold tube is so sleek and reminds me of the Yves Saint Laurent lipstick packaging. I also find the bottom of the tube very convenient for checking the colour of the lipstick. So, if you are storing your lipsticks upside down you can quickly find the colour you want to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment