-->

Monday, December 17, 2012

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder with Real Cocoa: Review




Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
Bronzer. The product that can warm up your complexion, giving you a beautiful sun-kissed glow without stepping foot outside. However, if you use an unflattering shade, you can actually end up looking muddy or that dreaded ‘Oompa Loompa Orange’ :S.  


Many bronzers tend to have shimmer in them, which helps emphasize the glowing aspect of bronzer. However, matte shades, which are more ideal for contouring, are more difficult to come by, but you can still manage to find some if you look.


One of the cheapest matte bronzers is the infamous NYC Sunny bronzer which retails for around $3. Although I do own this product, I have to say that I am not a big fan of it. I find the colour to have too much of an orange undertone for my liking. Also, the product itself tends to break me out, so I try to avoid using it.


After doing some research I finally decided to invest in a bronzer that I think is the definition of what a bronzer should be: Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder with Real Cocoa.


Product: Let me just begin by saying that the aroma of this product after you open the compact is divine! This bronzer has traces of cocoa so it smells exactly like chocolate. I personally love the scent, and surprisingly the fragrance does not irritate my skin. However, if you are not a fan of fragrance in your make-up and have extremely sensitive skin this bronzer may not be for you.

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer


Next, the bronzer is the perfect brown colour and completely matte. Too Faced also has another version of this bronzer called Milk Chocolate which is slightly lighter this Chocolate. I swatched that shade in Sephora, but I found that it was too light for me. If you are fair skinned though, I would recommend that one for you. 


When I apply this shade on my face, it automatically brings warmth to my face. I love it! This bronzer is perfect for the winter time. Also, for those of you who might use foundation that is too light for you, you can adjust the colour by using a bronzer like this.


Packaging: The bronzer comes in a cute compact with a mirror. It’s your typical compact packaging, but nonetheless realistic for traveling with. The cover has a metallic bronze finish, while the bottom is a sleek black colour. 
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
 Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
Overall Rating : 4.9/5 The only thing that keeps this bronzer from receiving a perfect score is the price. However, if you are a beauty insider at Sephora you can manage to get a discount sometimes during their B.I. or V.I.B. events.


Sephora $36CAD

No comments:

Post a Comment