Since I have never done a haul on my blog before I decided that I wanted to share some of my goodies that I recently bought from Bath and Body Works.
Just in time for the Fall season, I picked up 5 new candles from Bath and Body Works. I really enjoy burning candles because they not only make your home smell delightful, but they are also really relaxing.
Here are the candles that I purchased:
1. Pumpkin Caramel Latte- a frothy blend of creamy pumpkin, sweet vanilla cream and rich pralines topped with a spiced caramel swirl. This candle reminds of a drink you can get a Starbucks!
2. Cinnamon Sugared Donut- This candle smells like the real thing! I love burning it!
3. Sandalwood Vanilla- a powdery soft and sensual fragrence that blends the warm, woody essence of sandalwood with creamy vanilla. I enjoy burning this candle on those chilly days.
4. French Baguette- This literally makes your home smell like you've been baking bread! So yummy.
5. White Barn- Nutmeg and Spice- A cozy concoction of spiced caramel and nutmeg evokes delightful memories of relaxing weekend getaways in the country. This candle is by far my favourite! The smell lingers in my room for a long time.
Since it is also that time of year where people are getting sick, I also purchased 3 Pocketbac Hand Sanitizers and a keychain for them to hook on my bag:
1. Pink Chiffon
2. Caribbean escape
3. Midnight Pomegranate
Overall, I am really happy with my purchases. The candles I bought are the 4oz ones. I prefer buying the small sizes compared to the 3-wick handles because I am able to try multiple ones without getting sick of the fragrance.
What are your favourite candles to burn?
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
About a month ago I purchased the Sephora Primal Instincts Palette for $34CAD from Sephora.
What I love about this palette is that it is very versatile. It comes with a variety of colours for creating everything from an everyday neutral eye to a smokey eye for a night out.
Some other aspects that I enjoy about this palette includes that:
- it comes with 14 shadows compared to Urban Decays Naked Palettes, which only come with 12 shades
- the shades are very pigmented and apply very smoothly
- it comes with 3 matte colours in addition to the 11 shimmery shades
- it comes with a full mirror making this pallette perfect for traveling
- it has cute packaging! :)
Colours in the Palette:
Top Row listed from Left to Right
Universal Beige No.8: (Matte) a creamy,off-white shade. This colour is great for highlighting your brow bone
Sand: a satin beige
Gold: a metallic, bronzy gold
Apricot: a metallic champagne shimmer
Tea Rose: a rose champagne shimmer
Matte Brown: (Matte) a deep, rich brown
Camel: a mid-tone shimmery taupe
Bottom Row listed from Left to Right
Bronze: a rich, satin bronze
Mahogony: a warm, rich metallic brown
Deep Burgundy: a deep, satin purple brown
Plum: a rich satin purple
Steel: a mid-tone, metallic silver
Must Have No.6: (Matte) a charcoal black
Taupe: a deep, satin taupe
Overall I give this palette a 5/5. I really don't think you can go wrong with the palette, especially at the price.
You can get this limited edition palette at Sephora stores or on the website