-->

Monday, June 11, 2012

Styling Hair- Wavy Curls


I’ve always enjoyed the sleek look when it comes to hair. However, when I want a change I like to give my hair some more definition by curling it.

This blog post is going to be a mix of an Outfit of the Day, a mini product review and some tips about curling irons if you are looking to purchase a new one.

Tips
Now when it comes to a curling iron there are different types to use as well as various barrel sizes. I am going to distinguish between two types: regular curling iron with a clamp and clampless curling iron.

I recently purchased a Babyliss Pro Tourmaline Ceramic Curling Iron from http://www.flatironexperts.com/. The barrel size I chose was 1 ½” in order to achieve large loose waves. If you are the type that wants tighter curls I would recommend a barrel that is less than 1 ½ “ (e.g. 1 ¼ “, 1”, etc.).

Mini Review

Babyliss

Babyliss
-Sleek Black Handle and Red Tourmaline Barrel

Babyliss
-Push To Lock Button for Heat Temperature Settings
-40 Heat Settings
Babyliss
-Swivel Cord allows you to move around with the iron so it does not get tangled or in your way
Babyliss
-Red indicator light

Babyliss
-1.5 inch barrel with clamp and comfort grip
-Stand to set on your counter

Babyliss
-Grip so you can hold on to the tool without burning yourself
This particular curling iron has a clamp which means the tool is intended to be used the old fashion way. However, with the new trend of clampless curling irons which are much more simple to use, you just have to wrap your hair around the barrel of the iron, hold it for a few seconds and let go.

Navy Blue One-Shoulder Dress- Forever 21
Nude Pumps- Steve Madden

In the picture above I styled by hair with the Babyliss Pro by sectioning off my hair, wrapping each section around the barrel and clamping it down so I did not have to hold it with my finger. 

This hairstyle literally takes about 10minutes to do. It is great if you want to look a bit more put together. 

Overall, I would say that you could invest in a clampless curling iron, but I prefer the versatility of a curling iron with a clamp. It allows you to wrap your hair around the barrel if you want waves like with a clampless iron, and you can still curl your hair the old-fashioned way as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment